Don't Feed The Cats! (They are like freggin' squirrels!)
So long story short, here are some shots of cats at large, and thanks to this stroll down memory lane, I've bothered to go out and Google funny cat laws...(yes, there are laws governing cats) and here they are (enjoy) :
- All black cats wear bells on Friday the 13th in French Lick Springs, Indiana.
- Cats can only be taken on to the street on leads in Lorinc, Hungary. Officials say the measure will protect the public from the “dangerous menace of free range cats.”
- Joint custody of a family pet, including cats, is not allowed when a couple divorces in Madison Wisconsin. The feline is legally awarded to whoever happens to have possession of it at the time of the initial separation.
- Cats in International Falls, Minnesota are not allowed to chase dogs up telephone poles.
- Fights between cats and dogs are prohibited by statute in Barber, North Carolina.
- Pet cats to run loose without a taillight in Sterling, Colorado.
- Ventura County, California, cats are not allowed to have sex without a permit.
- Cats living in Cresskill, New Jersey must wear three bells to warn birds of their whereabouts.
- Duluth, Minnesota felines may not sleep in a bakery.
- California bans cats from mating publicly within 1,500 feet of a tavern, school, or place of worship.
- In Zion, Illinois, it is illegal for anyone to give lighted cigars to cats.
- Cats may not yowl after 9 pm in Columbus, Georgia.
- In Topeka, Kansas, you may not own more than five cats at a time. In Shorewood, Wisconsin, however, no more than two cats can be owned by the same family.
- You may not keep a pet cat and a pet bird on the same premises in Reed City, Michigan.
- Dogcatchers in Virginia are prohibited from bothering cats while he or she is looking for dogs.
(Sorry they are all American laws... Canadians apparently aren't this insane or cat-oriented.)
Cheers to our feline friends and our ability to make them suffer in bureaucracy with the rest of us!